Saturday 17 September 2011

Lagos Fashion Police at The 2011 Future Awards

LFP ladies are back again and this time around we went way back to what we would like to call the first major event of this year.

This review covers the 2011 Future Awards. Enjoy!!!



Toya: Yes, this is what we at LFP like to see. Omowunmi looks great, the red lace dress is so sexy, guaranteed to make any Nigga's blood boil. It reminds me of a dress that uber sexy Rihanna wore once. From the hair to the accessories, everything is on point. I love it. I still think this babe needs to give her hunger for fame a rest. What does she do again?

Tiny: I love Omowunmi in this red lace dress, it suits her so well, this has got to be the first time that I approve of her outfit. Great job on the dress House of Nwocha, it really is award worthy.
Job description unknown.


Tiny: Hmmm microphone inspector, not a bad look. I love the suspenders but I think you should have taken the tie off. No offence but you look like a swollen baby in this picture, I hear you've lost weight so ill look out for you at upcoming events.

Toya: Mr incredible gets me head bumping all the time, however, there is really nothing much Toya can say about your black pants and white shirt but hear this, suspenders make petite guys look shorter. You might want to note that.

Tiny: He's already short/shorter Toya, I don't think the suspenders will make any difference.

Toya: It makes him look like a midget then, I was trying to be nice.


Toya: Very impressive. This lady has come a long way in establishing her fashion game, I think she definitely hired a stylist which is great for her because she now has a more polished look. I love the blue jumpsuit, her striking makeup and the hair is just right. She does clean up nicely.

Tiny: Love the outfit, she looks good but that extra material at her back looks like a cape. Super Genevieve to the rescue *swooossshhhh* (flies off).



Tiny: Shade I'm a bit confused, I don't know what to say or where to start... Ok, you have an amazing figure.. Wow!! The blue shoes.. No girl, what is it doing there? It looks like you're wearing flip flops.

Toya: Hmmmmmmm, Miss Ladipo, this dress would have been better belted, it looks very frumpy at the bosom region. And what's with the blue shoes? She has a great figure but the dress just doesn't hit it off for me.



Toya: Bridget, this could pass as a wedding reception dress for a bride, I love the champagne colour but what is that black thing peeping out? You have no boobs so I don't know what you were trying to cover. This dress could be rocked to a black tie event which I doubt the future awards was. I just think it is abit too much for this event.

Tiny: Absolutely amazing Bridget, I'm with Toya on this, a tad bit too much for the Future Awards. Colour does suit your skin tone but the boob area looks all confusing to me



Tiny: Toolz, that hair has got to GO!!! Na ah girl! I do love the wine dress, as usual your waist and curves looks beautiful in it. Not a fan of your shoes though. That hair, that hair!!!!

Toya: Tooolzzzzzzz, hipsRus. I see you're definitely obsessed with a certain style of dresses, which for a full figured woman is not always a bad thing, at least don't go trying to fit into every new trend and end up looking like a fool, however, maybe you could try pencil skirts with nice blouses which would work perfect with your hour glass figure. Your hair is a mess tho, you look like you just had a fight with a cat, pls do not repeat. Oh yeah you might want to try shoes that lengthen your legs.



Tiny: Praise Jehovah she's not wearing a shirt!!! But Chantelle, why do you always have your hair up like that?? Not sexy, not a good look. Makes you looks like Binta. Ituen Basi did a good job with this dress, amazing blend and it doesn't look like a patch work by some other designers *cough cough*. I do not think strap heels go with your outfit girl. Nope!!

Toya: Great, she has some clothes on this time. I simply love Ituen's dresses, so cute and colourful. This dress compliments Chantelle's skin tone perfectly, but babe how far with the Simbi from the primary 3 reader hair style? Who has deceived you and told u it is cute or that you look like you are truly African? The gig is up, go get some proper braids or a weave done at once!



Tiny: What is this? First things first, go and cut that stinking thing off your head, it aint a mohawk you hear... And what were your trying to achieve with the colours you have on? Green shoes?? Really?? Makes you look like you have gremlin feet. I'm done here

Toya: Hahahah bobo the clown. Why did u have to go match your shoes with the carpet? The white and black would have been alright if u didn't fuck it up with those yukky shoes. Please oh, what is that ridiculous thing on your head? Is that how David Beckham's mohawk looked? Even little Maddox Jolie Pitt would not be caught dead with this. C'mon my friend, will you take your lousy self to the barbers right now!!




Tiny: Mr Wellington, you played it well with this outfit... You can't shout abi?? Lol. I don't have any problem with this

Toya: There is really nothing to be said about this individual, he looks too laid back for an awards event or did you get your invite at the last moment, I hear and I branched maybe? Plus I am sick and tired of his hats, Banky and Neyo give the hats a rest. Mr capable is a really good looking guy but I can't stand his beard, it reminds me of a line of soldier ants. Cringe!!! Oh God, I have goosebumps already and not the good kind.


Tiny: Man in black, ok! Almost looks as though you're invincible in the sun. Please why do you have those shoes on?  Too rugged for the occassion ma Nigga.

Toya: Mr Stylist you of all people should know that you can judge a man by his shoes, why did you step on the green carpet with scruffed up shoes? The all black outfit minus the shinny jackie works great on you, God knows u don't need any more colour but you just killed the buzz with those cement covered shoes, do u have a part time job at a construction site? Confess, it is good for the soul. We know in Lagos, one might have to work 2 jobs to be able to keep up with all the beach parties and louis vuitton buying!


Tiny: Mr Igwe, you look nice but that your load ehn... Odikwa very risky. I know we've talked about this so we look forward to upcoming events. Love the blend with the dark blue jeans, white shirt and your black blazer. Works absolutely well. My power rangers friend ;)

Toya: Yipee for the Igwe. He has outdone himself this time. This is what we like to see. Good work, The blazer and jeans combo done right & can never fail! You might want to save this picture so when you feel yourself going back to that dark place of ball squeezing pants, this memory would jolt you back to the present.



Tiny: Number 1, your pancake is too much. Ahn ahn! Makes it look like you have a panty-hose on your face. And this outfit.... Very dearing, I love that, but is your belly button showing? Sorta looks like it is. I can also almost see your nookie. The cut doesn't work well for what you were hgoing for. Tell me, what happened when you sat down???

Toya: Nkiru Anumudu definately has a mini me! This dress!! Hmmm, shaking my head. I can almost see your V jay jay and I am certain when you sit, your nookie would be on display. I totally understand the cut of the dress but this one no be am o. Quick question, what exactly is your take on fashion? Eccentric chic maybe? I am beginning to suspect your designer status. Just saying!


Toya: The land must be blue and Omo blue for that matter. This looks like a nurse's uniform with some christmas wrapping paper attached. I don't like it at all. It could do with better fitting because it looks as tho it wasn't finished and u just ran out of the tailors with the pins still in! I love your hair tho.

Tiny: TY but Why?? This dress looks like a boarding house dress or like you're in a catering school and you need to see those catering school chicks, their dresses tight well well so maybe I shouldn't even put this dress in that category, make dem no go dey vex for me. The shoes get Zero points. Only thing I like is your hair, I seem to be a fan of it. Kai this dress is just wrong, I don't see you in this dress. Its just to big for you.



Toya: Ah, I have fainted. Sexyyyyyyyyyyyy! I am in love with the blue and grey on this Nigga. He got it going on! Damn. Checking all sorts of boxes right now. Tiny and I are going crazy oh. Lynxxx baby, could it be that the thing poking out at you pocket is your .... *cough cough*. Did someone turn up the heat? Tiny ooooohhhhh hold my hand, I am about to pass out again at the thought.

Tiny: Its Lynxxx Utunu!!! See how good you look without the sunnies?? You've got that sexy bad boy charm, makes me want to kiss you all over your face... Hmmm. Ok the outfit... Again, I love a man who knows how to look good, this is no syndicate uniform.. Hehe. Love the grey suit and the shade of blue suits u so well. Seriously though, Lynxxx, what's that pointy thingy on your left side! Hmmm??? ;-)


Tiny: I don't know why you look so muscular in this outfit Toni. I guess its d shoulder pad and your pose. Love the silk dress, its really nice and I like the belt, holds it well, it all makes you look stunning. But you look like you're on that gladiator show, dunno why though

Toya: Absolutely stunning Toni. You should live in sand pink babe. You were born to wear this colour. I love the weird draping of this dress, so soft and sensual and somehow manages to soften her boyish frame. I am sure your boyfriend couldn't wait to take it off? Are you wears ballet pumps, there is something off putting about your shoes doll. Could have been better.
Hahahahahhahahaha Tiny oh, she is quite athletic that's why




And its a wrap for this review guys. 

So past events reviews coming to an end soon, as we wait for new events. If you have an idea about any event that we haven't covered and you think we should, then drop us a line on twitter @D_FashionPolice, right here on our blog or send us a mail Lagosfashionpolice@gmail.com

Love Tiny V & Toya V

3 comments:

  1. Omowumni has a Ushering and Branding business: Ellepoise. And she is a project manager by profession i.e. behind the scenes always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one guys very hilarious, liked the review on Banky W the most coz am tired of that guy'§ friction beards and hats he would look better without the hats he just doesn't know it

    ReplyDelete
  3. i haf died on the "load", nkiru anumudu's mini me et al!! you ppl wont kill me. ok seriously tho, love the fashion comments on this post, very apt, and please someone shld tell that guy ( with the white trousers and blazer) that the Pee Wee Herman look is NOT good, make e google am abeg.

    ReplyDelete